Wednesday, July 29, 2009

To One and All!

Welcome to my blog! After being introduced to the wonderful world of blogging a month and a half ago (thanks to a certain Big Red post by veteran blogger John Ottens), I have decided to get with the times and join in on all the thought-provoking dialogue out there. My intention is to contemplate matters of theology, philosophy, culture, music, and history while actively engaging the blogs of friends, family, academics, etc.

Here is two great quotes to kick-off this blog with from Nietzsche (inspiration for blog title):

Dying for the "truth." - We should not let ourselves be burnt by our opinions: we are not that sure of them. But perhaps for this: that we may have and change our opinions.

To become a thinker. - How can one become a thinker if he does not spend at least a third of his day without passions, people, and books?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brennon! This is sweet. I love the idea for this new blog of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My! John you sure do find me out quickly! I can see myself as possibly becoming a blog-addict who in a few years time, after a time of denial, enters into a group of real-life bloggers, who sit in a circle repeating "I'm okay, blog okay", as I seemingly can not get enough!

    ReplyDelete